Thursday, November 3, 2011

Making Plans

Update: I don't know what's up with the embed feature on pinterest.  When I wrote this post and scheduled it, everything looked perfect. When I saw it this morning, everything had gone haywire.  I fixed the order of the pictures, but I'm not sure if the embed feature is working at all- my apologies.  If anyone is interested in where something came from (you'd be able to find that through pinterest if the feature was working properly!!) just let me know and I'm more than happy to share. It is also making my spaceing really spastic which is driving me crazy, but oh well.  My non-html savvy self can only do so much!

I wrote a previous post about wanting to make some changes to the "bedroom" in my apartment.  (Since I live in a studio, it is more like a bedroom area than an actual bedroom.)  Since that post, I've made some progress & decisions about the direction I want to go in.  As I said before, I am trying to be a little more intentional about decorating in this go-round.  When I first decorated my place, I was in such a hurry to get it all done that I didn't give a ton of thought to things.  I'm still very happy with the result, but I just wanted to try something different this time around to see how it goes. 


So, here's where I am so far:


First of all, I decided to use the lamp I posted about yesterday as my color inspiration. 


You can follow this embedded feature to a website that has some wonderful color palette inspirations! This is the closest I could find to what I'm thinking of, but I think I want something a little softer overall.  





I also ordered this bedding set from Rue La La.  It (still!) hasn't arrived, so I'm not 100% committed to it, but I think it is a great starting point and will add a modern element to the "design."  Instead of accenting with coral, I will be accenting with purple tones and a hint of green.





I also ordered the quilt in the picture below for the bed in the lilac color.  (I found it on ebay for a deep discount!) 





I know I want to keep the rest of the bed simple with neutral sheets in a beige or linen tone, or perhaps an extremely subtle pattern.  I'm planning to scout out some sheet sources and add those to my Christmas wish list since I know the sheets can definitely wait a while. By the way: do you have a favorite type or brand of sheets? My favorites came with a "bed in a bag" so of course I cannot find similar ones. 


In terms of the pillows, the bedspread has two matching shams.  I didn't order matching Euro shams for the quilt, but I think I may try to scout some out on ebay so the bed stays streamlined. Since I want to accent the bed with a big lumbar or bolster pillow, I think three main fabrics (four counting sheets) will be plenty!  Speaking of accent fabrics, here is the one I'm currently leaning towards:





So what are your thoughts on my plans? Crazy? Boring? Somewhere in the middle? 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Especially the bedding... I'm thinking of getting a new duvet cover myself since the cats had a grand old time clawing the heck out of the one I have! Right now it's a flat gray with ruching and all of the accents in my room are purple, black and silver... But I'd love to get some chevron stripes in there. Though I'm not sure how well that would go with the paisley print on my lampshades... Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.