Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ten on Tuesdays: How I Roll


This week's "Ten on Tuesdays" is about traveling.  What a fun topic! It really can tell you a lot about a person to know how they are when they travel.  There are some people I travel great with, and some... not so much.  Haha. 

1. You’re packing for a week long vacation, do you pack ahead of time or wait until the last possible minute to pack?
I make a list way ahead of time, but I usually don't start packing until the day before I leave because I usually wait til the last minute to do laundry to ensure that everything is as clean as possible for the trip. 


Florence, Italy

2. Are you a light or heavy packer?
It honestly depends. I've gotten a lot better but I usually end up with pieces of clothing I do not wear. 

3. What are your favorite road trip snacks?
Peppermints! I love peppermints and they keep me awake if I'm driving and sleepy.  Also diet coke and water are in heavy rotation. And other "crunchy" snacks. I really like indulging in those cheese pretzel roll-up things called "Combos." Yum! 

4. Do you take any reading material along?
Of course- I always take my nook when I travel these days.  My nook makes traveling so much lighter on the reading front- literally! 

5. Do you prefer to drive or fly to your vacation destination?
Totally depends.  I don't mind flying at all, but packing is easier when you drive and driving is wayyyyy easier than flying if my dog is with me. For more on that, see this post

6. What is your favorite time of the year to take your vacation?
I do not discriminate when it comes to vacation time! 


French Riviera
7. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
See above- no discrimination.  Some favorite trips have been: Napa, the Redneck Riviera, the French Riviera, Italy, Louisiana- especially New Orleans- especially at Mardi Gras.


Napa, California
8. You are vacationing in the mountains, what is your favorite thing to do while there?
Uhm, I do not have a great personal history with vacationing in the mountains.  I once went on a trip to Helen, Georgia in the North Georgia Mountains with my family.  We did not have the greatest time, but it is fun to laugh about now. The most fun thing we did was visit the Cabbage Patch Museum.  Yes, such a thing exists and yes, I have been there.  I have the pictures to prove it.  In retrospect it was a great vacation because we were together.  At the time, not so much. 


Helen, Georgia
9. You are at the beach for your vacation,  do you like to take it easy on the beach or play all day in the water?
I like to take it easy on the beach.  Sangria, sunblock, an umbrella and a good book or good company and I could sit there all day! 

10. While your on vacation do you prefer to eat out every night or cook some of your own meals?
Depends on the vacation completely.  When we go to the beach we eat in almost every night and I would not have it any other way! When we go to big cities, of course it is great to eat at wonderful restaurants or holes-in-the-wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.