Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trying Something New



A couple of weeks ago, I blogged an A to Z  list and I thought it was a fun way to put a little more of myself out there.  Since then, I stumbled upon Roots and Rings Ten on Tuesday list.  I feel like this is a fun thing to try out on Tuesdays, so here goes. 

This week's topic is "All About Pasta." 

1. Red Sauce or White Sauce?
I prefer red sauce, but a good cream sauce never hurt anyone. 
2. Do you prefer pasta you can twirl or stab?
Stab! I actually have a HUGE preference for penne or bowtie or corkscrew.  Sometimes linguini or especially spaghetti will keep me from ordering something in a restaurant.  Craziness, right? 
3. Baked or boiled?
Hmm.. is this trying to get at lasagna/ pasta bake versus straight up pasta? I like both, although the boiled variety is usually less work in the kitchen from my experience. 
4. Do you like meat in your sauce or do you kick it vegetarian style?
When making at home, I usually make straight up sauce and then add in some other protein to the dish.  I rarely make a true spaghetti meat sauce. 
5. Where have you had your very best pasta ever?
Hmm... I really don't know. I like pasta but it's not really one of my favorite foods and I can't remember any specific dish making an impression on me.
6. What is your favorite pasta dish?
This pasta dish from Ina Garten is seriously delicious.  But it is also seriously expensive to make.  Just fyi. 
7. Do you serve meatballs when you make spaghetti or just do a meat sauce?
I don't really serve or cook spaghetti and I've never made meatballs. Growing up, my dad always made a meat sauce when he made spaghetti but that was pretty rare. 
8. What type (rice, whole wheat, egg, etc) of noodles do you use?
I try to be good and use whole wheat noodles when I cook for myself. If cooking for guests, I use whatever the recipe calls for. 
9. What type of meats or vegetables do you put in your sauce?
I usually put in shrimp and spinach in my sauce. I put the spinach in last and let it wilt just a little bit. 
10. Do you make a “Sunday gravy” to use throughout the week or do you just open a jar of whatever and heat it up? (No judgment on this one!)
This one depends. I use a pretty intense homemade sauce when I make lasagna. When I cook pasta on a weeknight, I use a jarred sauce but I pump it up with a little fresh citrus, sometimes additional garlic and pepper flakes.

P.S. Erin Condren products will be on One King's Lane today! I know my friend Nisha has been thinking of placing an order. If you have too, this might be a great chance to save some moolah depending on what deals they offer.  I think you can sign up without a referral link, but if you need one, leave me a comment with your email address embedded and I'll send one to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.