Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Looking Ahead to Valentine's Day

I know it seems like Valentine's Day is far, far away, but in reality, it is just around the corner.  I typically don't get into Valentine's Day.  I have a few reasons. 1. I don't have a "valentine." 2. I hate red & pink together. 3. I do not care for the heart shape. Just not my thing. I'm very girly but i'm not a girly girl in that way.  I typically like to gloss right over Valentine's Day and skip to Mardi Gras (Mardi Gras > Valentine's Day in more ways than I can count), but this year I think it might be fun to plan something in non-celebration of Valentine's instead.


I think it would be super fun to have a Valentine's Day gathering with friends- single or not- either the weekend before or on Valentine's Day (a Tuesday this year).  I would theme everything in bright candy colors and include balloons, cocktails and sweets!  You could always asks guests to contribute to potluck dishes if you are on a budget. 


Here are some great ideas floating around on pinterest for Valentine's Day.  





Source: google.com via Katelyn on Pinterest








Source: squidoo.com via Katelyn on Pinterest








Source: wanelo.com via Katelyn on Pinterest







Live life to the fullest & enjoy any excuse to celebrate friendships that are dear to you! 

1 comment:

  1. I've only had a valentine for a few valentines day and honestly men hate the holiday so it was always a let down. I've always tried to celebrate the day as a day to show my friends and family that I love them (or like them) with some sort of Valentine's card. I really like that paper heard garland, I may have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.