Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh Hey

Oh hello everyone! It's been over a month since I last blogged.  Unacceptable, I know.  I'm trying to get the mojo back, so please be patient with me.  


By popular request, I'll be posting a recap of the Golden Globes 2012 fashion.  Okay, okay. So only one person requested it- but each of my constituents is very important to me, so you ask and I provide!  Let's get started.


Overall, I was completely underwhelmed with the fashion choices Sunday evening. I really only had one favorite.
source
I thought Shailene Woodley looked really beautiful.  She looks age appropriate and her makeup is perfect.  The dress could have been tailored to sit a little higher on her chest, but it fits well overall.


source
I also thought Claire Danes looked lovely.  This is the perfect combination of modern and glamorous. I don't love that hair color on her, but the style suits the gown very well.


source
Lastly, I enjoyed Emma Stone's look.  I think she could have gone with a more delicate shoe and I could do without the eagle on the belt, but I really like this color combination and in my opinion, this is the best way to mix two colors that are so close to each other.


My least favorite options abound, but I'll just focus on two.
source


source
Natalie Portman and Angelina Jolie committed the same crime in my opinion.  Call me crazy, but I hate the combination of pink and red together.  With the exception of Valentine's Day decor, I cannot think of a single time that I enjoy these colors.  I'm not much of a fan of pink and red to begin with so I'm admittedly completely biased in this case, but I think they look awful together!  By the way, is Angelina's dress pink? Or is it ivory? Either way, I don't like it.


Well, that's all I have for today!  Hopefully I'll be back in under a month (wink, wink)! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for fashion recaps!

    It still blows my mind that the girl nominated for a Golden Globe is the same girl that plays a teen mom on that terrible ABC Family show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED claire dane's look! I thought the back was stunning. I also love her show on showtime.

    http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.