Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Duchess Style for Less

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I did quite a bit of oohhh and ahhhing over Duchess Catherine's style choices when she and Prince William made the rounds on their Canadian and American tour.  I particularly loved this outfit that she wore upon landing at LAX, minus the nylons that is.

Source
This past weekend, I was at Macy's looking to see if I could find any good pieces for work.  I found a dress and tried it on and realized- this looks familiar.  And it was!  Because it was very similar in shape and color to this one on Duchess Catherine.  The store didn't have my right size, but I ordered it and I cannot wait for it to arrive! It is so flattering on me, and let's just say iI am not exactly close in size to the Duchess.  So, that excursion inspired me to come up with a look for less for this style including that dress.  Here's what I came up with.

Polyvore set here.
This whole look is only $236.  And that's including jewelry that you probably already own (at least something similar) and wouldn't have to purchase!  Thats a pretty great deal considering the original Duchess dress alone was listed online for just over $918 (on sale!!). 

This set is a great office-appropriate look and there are plenty of ways to personalize it with different accessories.  Does anyone else out there have a favorite Duchess look?

1 comment:

  1. i love that dress! wish i had a wedding to go to because i feel like that style would flatter my (lack of a) chest.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.