I try to be a level-headed person, I really do. But some things just get me angry. I'm feeling particularly ornery today, so I thought I would sound off here to get it out of my system. Here goes.
- Pantyhose are torture. Apparently (according to wikipedia) pantyhose became more popular in the 1960s when a new production method made them much cheaper. COME ON, women of the 60s- I'm looking at YOU. When you burned bras you couldn't have burned pantyhose along with them?! At least it would've made a statement that they are AWFUL.
- If you are a cab driver, you are supposed to know where you are going. That is your job. In fact, I'm probably getting in a cab because I need to get somewhere quickly and I don't know where I'm going, so when you ask me for directions, it is endlessly frustrating.
- Seat recliners on planes are the worst. Ever. Unless you are on a redeye, you have some physiological reason for needing to recline your seat, or you are on an overnight (thus likely international) flight, there is no reason in the world to recline your seat. Especially if you aren't even going to sleep. It is the rudest thing ever. And you know what? It is even more rude to help your 7-year old to recline his seat. (You see, he needs help because his body is not strong enough to recline the seat himself!) There should be a rule: if your feet don't touch the floor of the plane when you are seated, you don't get to recline your seat.
- Tourists in DC- take note. The left side of the escalator on the metro is for walking. The right side is for standing.
- Bikers: in a city, you bike on the street. NOT THE SIDEWALK. And if you are going to be on the sidewalk, you shouldn't HIT people as you pass them. And you shouldn't look at my dog with a vengeance- she has a reason to be on the sidewalk. You do not. This is why they made a bike lane.
What gets you riled up? Sound off in the comments! You will feel better, I promise. I already feel better.