Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Two Healthy Recipes For You

Looking for a couple of good healthy recipes?  You've come to the right place.
These are ones that I just sort of made up, so there isn't a direct source for them.

Roasted Asparagus

Ingredients:
Fresh Asparagus
Olive oil
Sea salt
Pepper

Steps:
1. First wash, pat dry and chop the end off the asparagus. 
 2. If you want to, peel the last little bit of the asparagus. This is completely optional and time consuming, but I prefer the way it tastes. 
 3. Place in sheet pan. Coat the asparagus LIGHTLY in olive oil.  You need very little because when it gets in the hot oven, the oil will disperse. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to your taste.

4. Place in preheated 450 degree oven. Cook until lightly browned. Enjoy! 

This asparagus is delicious on its own. It is also fantastic in this salad.

Katelyn's Favorite Salad

Ingredients for the Dressing:
Rice Wine Vinegar
Worcheshire Sauce
Honey
Grapeseed Oil
Lemon Juice
Minced Garlic
Pepper

To make the dressing, I combine these ingredients in a mason jar and shake it up.  Use the Rice Wine Vinegar and Grapeseed oil as your bases and add the other ingredients until it tastes right to you. 

Ingredients for the Salad:
Spinach
Roasted Asparagus (see recipe above)
Sunflower seeds/ Pumpkin seeds
Shredded carrots
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese


1. Begin by chopping up the spinach into strips. 
I love the spinach this way because when I eat it, it doesn't hang out of my mouth when I get a really big spinach leaf. Maybe this makes me crazy, but it tastes better like this! 

2. Finely shred carrots for salad. I also add shredded apples sometimes. 

3. Add all ingredients together, included sunflower seeds and cheese.

4. Dress the salad and mix everything together. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.