Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

What, did you think I was referring to Christmas???

No, silly! I am referring to 

COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON. 

I am so excited I hardly know what to do with myself!  If you read Southern Living magazine, you may have noticed that the September edition has just about everything to do with football season and the love of all things Southern college football.  For those of you who weren't yet readers during last year's football season, just be forewarned that I am that stereotypical Southern girl who lives & breathes college, specifically SEC, football during the fall months. 

Southern Living's monthly feature called "Only in the South..." this month discusses some great football moments.  One is: Only in the South... do football games register on the Richter scale.  Oh yes, my friends.  That would be known as the Earthquake Game- LSU vs. Auburn in October of 1988.  Coincidentally, I was a newborn babe living right near campus at the time.  
Circa 2006.
I have had so many wonderful memories of my life associated with LSU football and the SEC.  I cannot wait to watch another beautiful season play out.  This weekend, I will definitely be birthday-wishin' for some roasted duck- Oregon duck, that is!!  If you are wanting to know more about LSU fans and our fanatical ways, I highly recommend this article.  We are a fun bunch, indeed.

GEAUX TIGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.