Monday, April 11, 2011

Delicious Banana Bread Recipe

This recipe for banana bread is guaranteed to knock your socks off!  It is seriously SO GOOD.

Here's what you'll need:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (I used 2 bananas)
1 cup walnuts (optional)

First, you'll need to mash up the bananas. 

 In a large bowl, combine the four, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.  Set aside.

In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla; add pineapple and bananas (and walnuts if you choose to add them). 


Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.


     Pour into two well greased loaf pans.  I just used the sizes that I had. 
     Bake at 350 for 55-65 minutes.  The pan on the left took 55 minutes because it is wider. The pan on the right took 65 minutes. 
    Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.
     Cut into slices and enjoy! This bread travelled really well for me just wrapped in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.  It got great reviews! 

    2 comments:

    1. my sister and i just made banana bread this weekend, but next time we make it we'll have to try this recipe! i bet it's the pineapple that makes it so good...

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yum! I love banana bread! I've never tried it with pineapple before but it sounds delicious! People think I'm weird but i put super ripe bananas in the freezer so I can make banana bread whenever I want! :-)

      ReplyDelete

    I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.