Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring Cold

Well... it is official. I am sick. 

For the past couple of days, I kept sneezing a lot. I just chocked it up to all the pollen in the air.  And then, yesterday afternoon, my throat started to feel sore during class.

And by the time I went to bed last night I felt worse. And I woke up this morning still feeling worse.

BLEGH.  

Source

The one thing I can say is, I'm glad I got sick right now (if I had to get sick, I mean). This is my last week of classes (+ one on Monday) and I have very little due in the next week.  Plus, since I'm job hunting (but not working very much) I actually do have time to rest right now, which is nice. Also, I had an interview yesterday and the symptoms got worse IMMEDIATELY after the interview.  Which I am also glad about- glad that they held off, anyway. 




Source


So anyway, I went to CVS today looking like death warmed up and bought Smart Water (water + electrolytes), Mucinex-D and some throat lozenges.  I know the best cure for a cold is lots of fluids and rest- but I just wish there was something BETTER, you know?  Isn't it amazing how one little cold can kick you in the arse and make you feel like a whiny five-year old? 

What are your tips for recovering from a cold? 

2 comments:

  1. Aww sorry to hear you are sick...bummer! That zicam stuff actually works really well. And chicken soup. Get some rest and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom does a ton or random vietnamese old-school remedies, some of which probably are just superstitious... but some of them make me feel better. Like, she boils ginger root and makes it into this really disgusting unsweetened tea-its pretty gross tasting in my opinion, but it always makes me feel at least marginally better!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.