Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

This is a really yummy recipe so I thought I would share it with yall, especially since its sort of pumpkin-y and its fall!  My bff Courtney originally shared this recipe with me, but she doesn't blog, so I am posting this on my blog.  (You snooze, you lose, Court!)

Ingredients:
1 box Devil's Food cake mix
2 large eggs, whites only
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
1 15-ounce can puréed pumpkin or pumpkin pie mix (this can be REALLY hard to find when not in season, so I advise you to stock up if you end up liking this recipe)

Yields 12 servings.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cake mix, pumpkin and egg whites until well incorporated.


Pour into lined muffins tins (you can spray the muffin tin with cooking spray if you don't have liners).  
Top muffins with a few chocolate chips.  You can also mix the chocolate chips in with the batter, but I think it looks pretty on top.

 Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.  The best test to see if these are done is the toothpick test.

Here's what they look like when they are done.  Yum!  These are great warm or room temperature and perfect for breakfast, snacks or dessert.  They are pretty dense, so they travel well for packed lunches too.

If you know anything about weight watchers, these are 3.5 points per muffin.

Enjoy!  

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, these are quite a treat! So yummy, it's hard to believe they are not TOO bad for you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.