Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An Eclectic Studio Living Room Space

Welcome to my living room!  This room has been a mini-labor of love and I am excited to show it to you!
This is a photo of the living room when you walk in the front door.  You can also see my bed in the far left of the picture.  This gives you an idea of how large the studio is in general.

This is a view from the bathroom door.  You can see I have my desk/ home office area set up to the right.  That "tour" is for another day. Haha!
You also have a great view of my Cassis poster in this picture.  I love this print because it reminds me of a fantastic place I got to visit in the South of France.

This shows a view from the kitchen.  The rug was purchased at a Pottery Barn Outlet for $150.  I think the original price was $500 for an 8x10 rug. My dad actually found this for me by himself- he went to the outlet in Memphis and sent me pictures while he shopped.  What a great dad!

Here is a close-up of the couch décor. I purchased the couch off of Craigslist for $200 after browsing the furniture section for a really, really long time.  It had only been used for one year and it was a great deal!
The two matching pillow covers were purchased on etsy. Check out DecidedlyChic for great pillow covers!  
The brown pillow was purchased from Ballard Designs.  I like the dark brown velvet because it gives the look some texture, and the middle has my monogram- love that!

This is a close-up of my new table.  You can read about where I found the table here. The lamp and frame were purchased at HomeGoods.  

Here's a picture of the wall opposite the couch.  The wicker piece was in my house growing up.  I wish it had a little more storage, but for now, it works.  The two chairs were purchased from Primitive and Proper.  They are painted a pretty gray and have cane seats.  I bought them to have extra seating when I have guests and because I fell in love with them.  I left my purse in the picture because that is usually where it lands.

Here's a close-up of the shelving above the couch.  It was installed by the owner and I really love it.  It is great for displaying things and storing my wine glasses. 

Here's a picture of the coffee table/ trunk. I found the cute tray at HomeGoods- it has fleur de lis on it.  The two books were gifts- one is a Louisiana cookbook and the other is a pictorial history of Louisiana State University from my friend Elise over at Fleur De-Lectable.

Here's the best part of the coffee table: the storage!  I store extra blankets and my air mattress in here. I found this trunk on craigslist for $20 and so far I really like it. 

I hope you enjoyed the living room tour. Thanks for stopping by! 

5 comments:

  1. I love it Katelyn! can't wait to come visit... someday! i was hoping our staff retreat would be in DC this year, but its in the state (poo). Hopefully I'll be with you next year though and ill visit you in your fab studio all the timessss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! It is so Katelyn. I really want to come visit again. I'm getting the traveling itch... i want to add it to my "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place is so southern living meets pottery barn! love the wicker details

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, everyone! you are so nice! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm Katelyn, welllll, ya see.... you're gonna have to get at least 6 more apartments so these post won't end. mmk? thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.