Friday, October 22, 2010

Frugal Finds Friday: Low Heel Suede Pumps

You may have noticed that I'm calling this post "Frugal Finds Friday."  I decided that I like the alliteration of this much better than the "Look for Less Friday" that I originally started with wayyyy back almost a month ago.

I'm normally a quality over quantity type of girl.  While I love a frugal find just as much as the next girl, I think there is something to be said for investing in certain things: pieces of clothing, shoes and jewelry, for example. 
But a summer of being an unpaid intern followed by the first semester of graduate school can teach you a lot about yourself. Yes, in an ideal world, I would go for quality, but these days, my criteria for clothing is something like... a) if it fits, and b) its flattering, and c) I need it because I don't already have something similar, and d) I can actually afford it (without feeling like I might have a panic attack) then I buy it.  I understand that when I sacrifice quality for price, the piece may not last past one season, but you know what?  I'm okay with that for right now.

Now, moving on to the latest Frugal Find:

Duo Rebecca Pump, $140
If you've never heard of Duo before, you are in for a treat.  It is a UK-based company that offers beautiful shoes and boots in custom sizes.  Shoes are typically offered in narrow, medium and wide sizes, while there are 21 different calf fittings for boots.  And all the boots are real, beautiful leather.  What a breath of fresh air.  
When I first saw these shoes, I thought they were pretty and would be practical for work, but the $140 price tag just wasn't practical at all.

Target's Mossimo Black Veralis Ruffle Demi Heel, $24.99
These aren't an exact match, but they are pretty darn close if you ask me.  They come in a few different colors- I like the purple too.  Like I said before, I wouldn't anticipate these lasting past one good 6-month period of frequent wearing, but I beat my shoes up anyway, so my shoes rarely last very long.

I noticed that Target is also currently offering a free pair of fleece liners with the purchase of any pair of rain boots.  [My hunt for rain boots that can be worn with liners in the winter is a whole other story for a whole other day.]  I'm not sure how long the offer will last, but you should check it out if you are in the market. 
 



2 comments:

  1. I may actually start keeping up with this...only you know it exists so far! haha Shhh!
    http://jennysfreshmanyear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are cute- very Katelyn!

    *i like the new title also*

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.