Thursday, October 7, 2010

Do you Etsy?

I little over a year ago, a coworker introduced me to the magic of etsy, and boy am I glad she did!  If you haven't ever shopped on etsy, you are missing out.  For those who have never heard of etsy, it is an online marketplace where you can buy (and sell!) handmade and vintage items.  Everything handmade on etsy must be sold by the people who make it.  Basically anything you can think of is sold on etsy, from home accessories, to jewelry, to vintage mason jars, to clothes and waaayyyy more.  This means that you can find so many great, unique things on etsy at all different price points.

I thought I would show you guys some of the things I've purchased on etsy that I love.


This nook cover, from Elizabeth David Design, is such a fantastic find!  Elizabeth uses Amy Butler fabrics on many of her products, and when I originally found her shop, she did not offer this exact nook design, so I simply messaged her through etsy to see if she could make a cover with this Amy Butler fabric- and she did!  That is another great thing about the site- the ability to create and order custom items is practically endless! 


I bought one of these necklaces from beadsss last year and I actually wore it today.  I love the idea of classic wax seals on letters. 


I absolutely love ALL the art from the Magic Markings Art shop!  I bought this print last year for my apartment, and now it is in my bathroom.  


My dear friend Jenny is expecting a sweet baby boy at the end of the month. I ordered this print for Micah's nursery from babybyrds last month.  His room is basically in these exact colors and his bedding has rockets.  I think it is adorable! 


I found this kitchen towel on etsy last month and I just had to have it.  The seller is Abita Creativity and she has tons of cute Louisiana-type embroidered items for great prices.  I love this little fleur de lis crab.  Isn't he funny? 

So what about you?  Do you etsy?  Who are your favorite etsy sellers? 

4 comments:

  1. Do I Etsy??! Boy, do I! lol (Btw, can you tell I'm pretty much obsessed w/ your blog now? haha yeaaa)

    My most recent Etsy purchases <3 <3
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/35652988/suffragette

    and
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/38155058/new-vientiane-in-jade-ooak-leather

    and lots of jewelry! I'm obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny- those are both great!!! Love them! I'm so glad you like the blog and so glad you always leave me a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love etsy!!! Found some pretty bad ass soaps from there a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.