Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday's Look for Less: Seagrass File Boxes

I will be attempting to find a "Look For Less" item to highlight each Friday.  This week, I was inspired by my quest to find affordable storage solutions for my home office.  
I'm an organized person, and to me, having organized files for all my papers just makes sense- but I don't love the look or the price tag of large file storage units (nor does my studio apartment offer much room for such units). 

When looking for home office storage, I fell in love with these file boxes from Ballard Designs.


As much as I dig this storage solution, I do not dig the $59.00 price tag.  Remember people, grad student here.  I'm don't exactly have a money tree growing in my backyard.  Oh wait, I don't have a backyard... 

Anyhow, I found this very similar product from Shop Get Organized:



I ordered this file box a couple of weeks ago, and I just love it.  Now, just a side note, when I received this file box, it was missing a metal piece that allows you to hang the files... kind of an issue, right?  Well, I called the company and they sent me a new file box at no additional charge.  The customer service was fantastic!  The cool thing about this box is, it folds up completely flat, so if you don't need it you can store it very easily.  And at less than $20, you can't beat the price.

Thanks for stopping by to see this week's look for less!  If you come across any great look for less items, please send them my way! 

2 comments:

  1. You should check out this blog (if you haven't already), it's kinda similar to your concept: http://www.copycatchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...nvm i just saw it under your "people who inspire" thing lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.