Thursday, June 9, 2011

What I'm Loving Right Now

I just want to begin this post by saying that I hope I do not lead my readers to think that I am a product-obsessed person. I love "things" as much as the next girl, but after a while, I do get tired of bloggers (and tweeters) who are constantly discussing "things."  I like to shop (mostly online these days) but I also like lots of other things in life.  And I really limit what I actually purchase, especially these days.  I have a budget just like everyone else. If you ever think I'm writing too much about stuff, you have my permission to leave a comment and let me know! 

That said, some things are just too cute not to blog about, so here are some things I'm loving right now.
I adore these cards. Kate Spade is one of the best in the business at coming up with clever stationery. She had some holiday cards this past year that I just died over. I hope she brings them back this year (and I hope my budget is roomy enough)! 

I am slightly flipping out over these dinner plates from Anthropologie. I was very generously gifted with 4 of the dessert plates for Christmas last year. I absolutely am enamored with the dinner plates.  The cups and saucers aren't bad either. I am thinking these might appear on my birthday list. It's in September but who's counting?

Speaking of Anthro, I am still loving the raw gem trend that's happening right now. These earrings are darling. At nearly $100, they are definitely out of my costume jewelry budget, though. But they sure are pretty to look at.

My friend Kathryn recommended this book to me. It's one that I'd seen in the store several times, but just never purchased because I thought it might be a flop (and I think Paris-lit is easily overdone in the wrong way). But since she recommended it, I decided to give it a try. It is so good that I am purposefully making myself read it slowly so I do not fly through it as I tend to do. It is great so far. And the main character has one of my favorite names of all time.

I'm also loving several songs right now (country music haters, beware), including:
Mean
Taylor Swift
I've been pretty adamantly anti-Swift but I just love this song. Summer guilty pleasure?

Knee Deep 
Zac Brown Band 
(borderline obsession has been happening with this one since my last beach trip in November)

You Lie
The Band Perry
"That ain't my perfume...."

What are you loving right now, dear readers?

2 comments:

  1. cruel world....why must you show me those plates!!! my bday is in 2 months, and i may need to tell my inlaws i need those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH EM GEE...thank you for sharing those plates! I'm head over heels! And I worry about coming across that I blog about things too much also. And I feel the same if you want to tell me to knock it off. :-) But I don't think you need to worry about it at all!! Oh and my birthday is in a week ;-)haha!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.