Sunday, January 23, 2011

D.C. Restaurant Week Reviews

I got to visit two new restaurants this week during D.C. Restaurant Week.

[Note: I didn't take any pictures myself, so all these images were found via Google Images.]

The first restaurant I went to was Jaleo.
Jaleo is a José Andrés restaurant, so I was expecting really great things. I won't bore you with how much I love his other restaurant, Oyamel.

The food at Jaleo did not disappoint.  I went with a group of 5 and we were seated very quickly and then enjoyed sharing a variety of our dishes with each other.  
For the restaurant week price of $20.11, we got 4 courses, including dessert.  The main dish I had, scallops with clementines and a pumpkin sauce, was really good.  For dessert I tried something a little out of the box and ordered the cheese ice cream.  It was really good and different, but I don't think I would order it again.  The other dishes were very tasty, too.  And by the way, the service was really great.

The second place I tried was Bistro D'Oc
Bistro D'Oc is located right across the street from Ford's Theatre.  The food was really reasonably priced for my opinion.  I ended up ordering from the regular brunch menu instead of the restaurant week menu.  I had a croque madame.
It was as good as this one looks.  I would definitely recommend Bistro D'oc for a good, quiet brunch meal.  It was nice to go to a place that wasn't filled to the rafters for once.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.