Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter 2011 Reading List

 I'm not really into New Year's Resolutions, but I am trying this year to be more conscientious about using what I have- this includes reading some books currently sitting on my shelves before buying anything else.

So, with that spirit, here is my current reading list:
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
I bought this on my nook before the holiday and tried to read some of it on the plane ride home.  It made me sob and I'm pretty sure I got no more than 30 pages into it.  Like, I sobbed very, very badly.  So I stopped reading it on the plane (because sobbing in front of strangers is slightly embarrassing).  I haven't picked it back up yet because I know the rest of it will be very emotional, but I want to get through it this winter.

Le Divorce & Le Mariage by Diane Johnson
I bought these at a book sale last year and I've been wanting to read them for a while.  I loved the movie Le Divorce and so far I really like the book.  It has some great and funny observations about the French, which I miss from reading French books & articles during undergrad.



The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
I started reading this last spring and for some reason, I put it down and didn't finish it, so I want to get back to this one too.

The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee
This is another one that I'm actually almost done with but need to finish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.