Sunday, February 27, 2011

And the Oscar Goes To...

Source
Oscar night is one of my favorites year after year. What little girl hasn't watched the show and imagined what she would wear if she had the chance to walk down the red carpet with Leonardo DiCaprio (helloooo 1999).  Note: Ironically enough, Leo didn't attend the 1999 awards ceremony because he wasn't nominated. I distinctly remember my 11 year old self thinking that he was ROBBED! 

Source
Did you know that Kate Winslet has said she keeps her Oscar in her powder room? She says it is so her guests can have a private moment to hold it and look in the mirror. I love that! 

It is so fun to see the stars really turn out the glamour and glitz. And it is also always so fun to see if your own personal favorites win and to hear what they say in their acceptance speeches. 

People.com has a fun little gallery that they put up for every awards show now. They show stars and a couple of dresses that star might pick for the show. Of course, I don't think they ever do pick those dresses, but this year's Oscars gallery on people.com gives some good inspiration for Oscar fashion.  Here are some of my runway favs that I hope to see on the Red Carpet tonight.



I'm pretty much obsessed with every single piece in this Elie Saab Haute Couture collection, but these are some of the ones I could easily see turning up on the red carpet. 

Source
I could also easily see these dresses from Armani Privé on some celebs.  The one on the left screams "Julianne Moore" to me and the other is so Anne Hathaway its ridiculous, but I think she has done the paillette look so much lately that she will go for something really different, at least for her red carpet look.  I'm sure she will have many great looks throughout the ceremony! 

Here are some other great hot-off-the-runway choices.
L to R: Badgley Mischka, Hérvé Léger by Max Azria, Jason Wu
Source
L to R: Marchesa, Valentino, Versace
Source
As for my choices on who will win, I'm really rooting for The King's Speech for Best Picture, Colin Firth for Best Actor and Natalie Portman for Best Actress.  I realize those are pretty popular picks, but I really enjoyed both films.  I'm really looking forward to a good show with Anne Hathaway and James Franco.

Happy watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.