Friday, February 18, 2011

Frugal Finds Friday: Hermès Cape Cod Watch

I've already professed my love for Hermès on this blog once.  And my infatuation with the brand does not end at the Birkin (although I kind of, sort of wish it did).  I also love the look and versatility of an Hermès scarf, and I absolutely love this watch.
Source
These babies go for around $2,000.  That is actually relatively reasonable for a high-end brand, luxury watch I guess, but it is still way out of my ballpark.  By the way, this is my all-time favorite color of leather.

These watches are really popular among celebrities and stylists. If you start paying attention (like, uhm, I do... sometimes...) you will start to notice them all over the place.
Source
Here, Jennifer Connelly sports the watch in classic Hermès orange in the movie She's Just Not That Into You.

Source
Here, Isla Fisher gets in on the trend as Rebecca Brandon (née Bloomwood) in Confessions of a Shopaholic
Okay, okay. So she technically is still Rebecca Bloomwood in this picture, but I couldn't resist the reference for you readers out there.

Source
Here, the ultimate celeb Hermès fan, Kelly Rutherford, sports the Cape Cod. (By the way, her name just happens to be "Kelly" and she named her son "Hermès.")

So anyway, you are probably waiting for me to get to the frugal find.  Here it is:
Source
This watch, from Sasha Rhett, is only $269.  A bargain compared to the Hermès price if you are just after the look.  And the best news?  I noticed that these babies will be for sale on gilt.com today.  The sale starts at 12 noon est.  If you haven't joined Gilt yet, you definitely should.  I got some Kendra Scott Earrings there a couple of weeks ago and the price was a bargain! 

1 comment:

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.