Wednesday, February 2, 2011

[Apartment] Therapy

You might notice that we have a new look around here.  What do you think of it?  I'm pretty smitten.  I've been wanting a new look for this blog for a long time, but it took me a while to find something that fit my taste and my budget. If anyone out there is looking for a new blog design, I highly recommend that you check out Designer Blogs.  There is a link to their site on my side bar.


Have you ever visited Apartment Therapy
It is a wonderful site featuring great home design ideas- mainly from people living in apartments or other small spaces.  They frequently feature ideas for renters to spruce up their spaces. They also have tons of great galleries for you to get your inspiration.  And I love the name of the site- it really is therapeutic- haha! 

In a recent browsing session, I found these inspiring images.
Oh. My. Word. The blue. The burlap. The grain sacks. 
I love this look so much. 

I love the color purple (actually, it is my favorite color) but it is not a color that I can visualize in a space very easily.  This bold shade provides the perfect backdrop for a beautiful entry way. And I love any picture with good staging- enter Hunter boots & tote bag.

I mentioned that Apartment Therapy features great galleries.  Many of these galleries are beautiful home tours. Here are two great pictures from the home of a young Arlington couple.
I absolutely LOVE that day bed. Love it so much.  And I'm sure this look could be recreated without spending a ton of money.


The dresser here is so beautiful.  The perfect addition to a little boy's room. 

What inspires you? 


All photos in this post were found via Apartment Therapy.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new look of the blog! swanky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love how the blog redesign looks!! Soooo classayyy!!!!! Also, the purple coat hanging area is really appealing to me... might be the hunter boots and fedora featured in the photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katelyn, I'm lovin' the new blog look! Wowzer, what a pleasant surprise when I dropped by today... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! i was so excited to find something i loved so much and could afford!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.