Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!!

Source
Mardi Gras is hands-down one of my favorite holidays.  Although I only lived in Louisiana for two years as a kid and spent the majority of my life in Tennessee, I consider Louisiana more "home" to me since I spent so much time with my family there growing up (all of my family originates from Louisiana) and had a wonderful college experience living in Baton Rouge and attending LSU.  I am proud of Louisiana and the rich culture the state has to offer. 

I just got back from a trip to New Orleans to celebrate Carnival and I had THE BEST TIME. Seriously, it was amazing. Mardi Gras always reminds me of how much I love the laid-back and fun-loving spirit of Louisiana and New Orleans. There is literally no place like it on earth.  I'll recap my Mardi Gras experience here soon, but until I get caught up with my other obligations, I wanted to tell all my readers

HAPPY
MARDI 
GRAS!

If you don't know anything about Mardi Gras, check out this little video for the basics. It captures the history. The spirit is a little more difficult to communicate through video.


I highly suggest to all of you out there that you sport a little Mardi Gras today! I'm definitely wearing some of my favorite beads from this weekend to class tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.