Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Party Fit for a King

I don't know how you feel about them, but I'm pretty smitten.

Source
I'm pretty much a sucker for any kind of royal, actual royal or our Americanized version of royal families like the Kennedys.  There's really no point in denying it.

When Wills & Kate first announced their engagement, I decided then and there that I wanted to plan a watching party.  Then, when they decided to get married at like 11 a.m. on a Friday (that's United Kingdom time, people), that kind of threw a wrench in my plans.  I'm still not sure about what I want to do yet, but I did happen upon these supplies the other day in case I decide to do the party after all.

Source
That's right, a company called Plum Party is offering a line of party supplies just for my fellow royal wedding watchers.  I have to say, I don't know that I would purchase these for my party, but they aren't nearly as tacky as I thought they would be. In fact, I think they are kind of appropriate for the occasion.
I guess the Welsh Corgi on this bunting is a nod to Wales? Hmm...

This cupcake kit is adorable. It would be great for a royal wedding party or for a going-away party for someone studying abroad in the UK!

These paper plates are fun and whimsical. I like them.

And adorable napkins help complete the look.

What do you guys think? Yay or nay to the Royal Wedding party? 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! any reason for a party is a good one, esp the royal wedding!!!! doooo it :) i miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahh so so cute! i wish i was there to toast the new couple with you and those adorableeeeeee party supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The queen actually keeps welsh corgies, so that might be another reason! I totally think you should do a viewing party. Time difference be damned! Thanks for making me aware that there are deocorations for royal wedding viewing parties. My sister's wedding is the 30th, so I was planning to do something like that as well!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.