Friday, March 11, 2011

Weekly Gratitude Post #1

I'm trying something different tonight.  Christine over at Bun&Borough  participates in "Weekly Gratitude" with Love, Life, Lace.  I thought it would be fun to start joining in.



So, here goes nothin'.

Source


I'm thankful that spring break is this week. I'm disappointed to not be going anywhere, but I'm grateful to have the opportunity to {hopefully} catch up with work and school... and perhaps to get ahead a little. 


I'm thankful that daylight savings time is this Sunday. I'm so glad I will get some extra daylight hours and that they will just increase as the days go on!

I'm thankful for social networking and media. As much as I hate it sometimes, I am so grateful that I have been able to stay in touch with friends from college and high school. I recently reconnected with a high school friend who lives in DC now as well. We have become mexican restaurant buddies and I'm so thankful for that!

I'm thankful for my dad. He makes sure that I always have enough for food, shelter and a little bit extra. 

I'm thankful to my friend Kathryn for being such a good friend and inviting me to celebrate such a special time in her life. I'm grateful to my friend Lauren for picking me up from the airport & dropping me back off (twice) and giving me a place to stay in New Orleans.

I'm thankful that I went to LSU. As much as I fought it as a senior in high school, LSU really was the right decision for me and I had the time of my life there. 

Lastly, I'm grateful for the chance to keep up with my friends through blogging. One of my great friends from LSU (ahem... Laura) lives with her hubs in Texas now, and I'm so thankful I can read about their daily lives and keep up with her. My freshman year roommate (Alex... not to be confused with Alice) also blogs and is in pharmacy school. I'm thankful to read about her life and know that she is doing well. My sorority sister (Lizzie) blogs about completely random and hilarious things, and I'm thankful for a laugh from her every now and then. P.s. Lizzie- do you remember seeing me at Mardi Gras? Haha.

Have a wonderful weekend, folks! I'm planning to do some grocery shopping & cooking- new recipes to come soon! 

2 comments:

  1. omg hahaha katelyn, no I don't remember seeing you at all!! Wow, embarrassing.... what day was this? maybe it will help me sort out the hodge podge of memories I have. I love this gratitude post btw, it's so cute! A great idea when you ever need help staying positive, maybe I should start doing this... Love ya and super happy that at least 1 person reads my blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. it was on sunday. on st charles somewhere between sixth street and milan. not very narrowing, i know. it was a very brief encounter but you gave me a hug and kept partying on. haha. we were both trying to walk through massive hoards of people while staying with our friends.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.