Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Recap (Get Ready for Pictures Galore!)

 I hope you all had wonderful Christmases with your family.  Here's a little recap of what I've been up to.

I left DC to go home to my hometown... and I finally got to meet my friend Jenny's sweet son Micah.
Can you believe he's only 7 weeks old in this picture?

Check out his stylin' baby Nikes.

Here are all my presents wrapped up! (Except for the super-last-minute ones I had to buy... oops!)

After I spent a few days at home making the rounds, we loaded up and headed to Louisiana to be with family.

Here's the before of the living room: 

Can you believe we said that we weren't going to have that many gifts this year? How silly.

Here's the after.  What a mess!

And here's my "loot".

Check out our Christmas tablescape.
It may not be the poshest thing ever- but pretty much everything we used has been used for many, many years.

I'm kind of obsessed with those red glasses.  I think they are really pretty.

And my aunt ordered a cake for us!

Here is (some) of the yummy food! The turkey my dad made was so good! It will make some tasty sandwiches this week.

On Christmas Eve, we took my dog Eliza with us to look at Christmas lights (she's been living with my aunt for the last year while I finished undergrad and moved to DC).

She was so excited to go! 

We go see this house every year.  SO MANY LIGHTS!



Last year, we started going to see a house with a light show synchronized to really beautiful music.  It is SO GOOD! 
This was the line on Christmas Eve! I'm pretty sure there were a dozen cars in front of us.

This is a really bad picture of the house.  They have a website here that you can go visit. 

Eliza was so worn out from the lights that this is what she spent Christmas morning doing:
Ha!  At least she looked cute doing it.

When she finally woke up, she opened her gifts:


She loves gifts!  She got a toy, some treats, 

AND.....

a coat and snow boots!

She got a coat and snow boots because she is moving to DC to live with me after the holidays.  You will probably be seeing more of her!

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and got to spend some time with the people you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.