Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Christmas List

I learned a long time ago that when it comes to birthdays and Christmas, people are going to buy you something whether you tell them what you may want or not, so you might as well give them some suggestions to avoid receiving something entirely random that you might never use.

My taste is very, well... eclectic. I like what I like and I don't like what I don't like and sometimes there is very little rhyme or reason to it. So while I know that I am very spoiled to be able to ask for really nice gifts from my dad and other family members and typically receive them, it still is better for me to come up with a list than it is to leave them out there in the dark about things I might need or want.

To clarify: I typically know the neighborhood of my family member's budgets, and I stick to it.  I'm not out there asking for a $400 pair of shoes at Christmas.  I also do not turn my nose up to gifts that people give me that I didn't specifically ask for.  The past few years, I've asked for specific things and also received some surprises that I LOVE.  I think when a person knows one thing to get you that you've been wanting for a while, it takes the pressure off. 

So, after that mini-sermon (I apologize), here are some of the items I've asked for this Christmas.

Fossil Watch

Echo Shower Curtain
I finally found a shower curtain I really think I'm going to like for my bathroom!
Brown Sugar Container, Amazon
Kate Spade Bangle
I've also asked for a couple more kitchen items, and of course, I already got my wonderful mixer!

What is on your holiday list this year?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE that watch! My bff Alex has that exact one and it looks awesome in real life. I have a really similar one in white enamel that I got for Christmas last year and this year I asked for the rose gold version! Crossing my fingers :)

    Love the shower curtain as well. Those things are surprisingly hard to find... So many of them are really tacky!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.