Thursday, December 16, 2010

Type A


"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
- John Lennon 

I love this quote from John Lennon.  It reminds me to slow down and enjoy the journey.
Even so, I am a planner.  Planning things out just helps me to feel calm and relaxed.  For more on some organizational tips I have read here.

Today, I thought I would share some great planners that are out there for 2011.  I know some students use agendas that are organized with August- August, reflecting the pattern of a school year, and that works well too.  I made the switch over to a typical calendar year planner a while ago, and it has worked for me so far.  I usually wait until Christmas break to buy a planner for the new year, but I started getting a lot of questions about planning things for next year in November, and it kind of freaked me out, so I got a head start this year.

This planner from Lilly Pulitzer is the same style that I used in 2010.  Apparently, they are now offering 17 months in the planner- August 2010- December 2011.  That's a lot of bang for your buck.  These retail for $24.95.

If you are a girl who prefers Vera Bradley, here is their student agenda for 2011.  It runs June 2010- December 2011. I have to say I'm surprised to see that they've discontinued the style of planner that I used in 2008 and 2009 from Vera.  I really liked that style (it is very similar to the layout of the Lilly planer), so I am not sure how much I would love this one.  This one retails for just $15 and you can buy it here.

If you are a girl who likes to plan a little but not go overboard, this planner may be right for you.  It just offers monthly at-a-glances (so no weekly view).  This might work for you if you have graduated and are working.  I find that I need the weekly view to write down assignments and such, but that is just me. This planner is only $20 and it is available here.  Add it to your Christmas list! 

This planner from The Paper Source is simple and not fussy.  It also comes in a light blue, yellow, green and black. It has monthly and weekly views.  This version is $29.95.  It is also available in a mini version for $19.95.

Here is a fun rendering of the 2011 Moleskine daily planner.  It has daily views for those of you who need more room.  Many people love Moleskine products, and they offer many other varieties of their planners.  This one is available for $23.95.

This is the planner I purchased for 2011.  I bought it from Talbots, of all places.  It is bound with leather and the leather has a slight golden sheen to it.  I really like it- it is my first real, "grown-up" planner.  It is on sale for $39.99 here.  

Well, that's all folks.  Good luck finding your perfect 2011 planner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! Its great to know people out there actually read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog! Please leave me an email address if you can. I love to respond to readers who leave comments when possible.